The Board of the CHCs which met on Sunday 1 August is constituted of the following members: Alain Laxade, Georgy de Lamare-Lamvohee, Sylvio Jolicoeur, Jimmy Maudave and Joseph Mario Lamvohee.
The following matters were resolved:
- That close and strong links continue to be maintained with overseas Creole organisations.
- That a centre be established to familiarise young creoles, especially those born in Australia, with the Creole language.
- That the SBS and other radios be approached for allocation of time to the Creole Community in Sydney.
- That more efforts be made to create awareness among other communities and ethnic groups of the existence of the Creole Community in Sydney and in Australia.
- That we celebrate the International Creole day (the 28th October) even in a symbolic way.
- That the CHCs refrains from indulging in party politics and focuses on its main objective which is to promote the Creole Culture.
- That doors remain open to non-Creoles who want to support us.
The CHCs is also pleased to announce that the CHC Radio on the net is now in operation, although on a test basis. You can access the radio on the CHC site.